- Are you someone who finds themselves frustrated when dealing with or interacting with others?
- Are you simply looking for a little more peace at work?
- Are you a person facing increased internationalism where you live and work?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then this workshop is for you!
About the workshop
During this workshop Participants will examine why we all do what we do, specifically why we have misunderstandings with others, all while increasing their international business acumen.
This explicitly will be done through investigating how people make meaning, how we define culture, what culture conditioning is and how it affects us, and finally how and why we identify as we do. When we better understand our own actions and decision-making, we have better insight into why others do what they do, which can lead to an increased ability to make good judgement and take quick decisions in life.
By participating you will be able to…
- Understand the effect of culture on perception and meaning (to better appreciate why we do what we do).
- Explore cultural conditioning and how it affects us personally and professionally (which leads to why we have misunderstandings).
- Query how they and others make meaning, thus improving their personal and professional connections (increasing their international business acumen).
Together we will be examining:
- Perception – how people make meaning, to better appreciate why we do what we do
- Broad culture – How we define culture,
- Culture conditioning – What it is and how it affects us, which leads to why we have misunderstandings
- The self – How and why identify as we do – when we better understand our own actions and decision-making, we have better insight into why others do what we do, which can lead to an increased ability to make good judgements and take quick decisions in life.
About the Trainer:
Originally from the United States, Christina Overturf-Goodwin is a certified intercultural communication facilitator and education professional with a Master’s in Education. An experienced teacher with expertise in cultural sensitivity and interrelation; she has over 2 decades of living and working in inclusive environments, in multiple countries, and multiple continents including North America, Europe, and Asia. Christina enjoys coaching existing and future leaders while improving communication and inspiring self-awareness.
Date and time:
13 Mai 2021 | 5 pm – 7:30 pm Amsterdam time
This 2,5 hours workshop is FREE of charge, nevertheless in exchange we will be asking you to deliver an honest and constructive feedback by the end of the session.